Monday, June 16, 2008

Top 10 Reasons Why I Love My Daddy

Alright, so here is Paul's Father's Day present. It's a top ten count down book of why Evie loves her Daddy. It is a 6x6 album, made from cardstock. I first picked my pictures for each reason, put them together with the page & picked a picture or two, then made a space for the number & last I made the textbox the size I needed to fit. Then I sanded & distressed the pictures & wording. I used BasicGray chipboard letters & numbers which I covered in different green Bazzill to match the paper. I sanded & distressed each of them. Then I zig-zagged the writing and straight stitched the number squares in a pretty green thread. Then I made him a matching card to go in the last page, which I made into a pocket, so he can always keep the card together. Then I backed the pages with each other and stitched around edges to make it more sturdy. And last, I tied on some brown colors of hemp and "man-ribbon" on the rings. I love how the brown & green colors all went together so well!

Album cover

Dedication & Reason 10

#9 & 8

#7 & 6

#5 & 4

#3 & 2

#1 & pocket page

Father's Day card

Album back

2 comments:

Nicki said...

I love this book...did Paul just love it?! It's beautiful and great idea! You rock, and I really like your sanding technique...I should do that more! I also love the pocket for the card..smart! So cute!

Jennifer V said...

Awww.....so sweet! I wonder if Rich would even know what to do with a book like this. He just doesn't understand scrapbooking at all. :)