Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Step 2: Signs and favors

I made these signs with the intention that my mom can scrapbook them later. One of my goals with this party was to have it run itself. This helps a lot when you have the proper signage. No one had to stand at the door to answer it because the sign did it for us! Two commonalities in all of these signs:

1. They all are framed with layers of paper in different colors

2. I distress EVERYTHING!!!! This Aloha sign is made from two 12 x 12 sheets of paper. I first made a pattern no scatch paper and then traced it onto the real paper. And as you can see I did layers. It always looks so much better when you frame what you are doing. The letters for Aloha I designed on scratch paper first and then cut out each letter in two different colors to shadow.
I am totally loving my handwritting after reading that handwritting book. It's so fun to play and see what I can come up with.
I love this sign. It took a long time to make, but it was worth it. The letters are from stamps and the 25 is my desing. I used eyelets to lace the three pieces together.

I made a place where I hung pictures of my parents wedding for people to look at! And the other sign went above the guest sign in table.
I placed this sign above the favors as people were leaving.
I love these favors. Chocolate covered raisins. And the "k" is for Kenning(my parents last name). These were so fun to make and cheap too!

No comments: